Introduction to SteraMist™ powered by Binary Ionization Technology® (BIT™)
Binary Ionization Technology® was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and a large U.S. defense contractor, in response to AMERITHRAX (Anthrax attacks). SteraMist™ BIT™ is a patented, two-step process that activates and ionizes a 7.8% hydrogen peroxide solution after it passes through an atmospheric, high-voltage cold plasma arc. This process produces a fine mist called Activated Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide (AIHP), which contains a high concentration of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). Consisting mostly of hydroxyl radicals, ROS damages and disrupts the cell wall of pathogenic organisms though oxidation of proteins, carbohydrates and lipids. This cellular disruption and/or dysfunction allows for disinfection in targeted areas and large spaces.
1. A bacteria cell is named by its shape and any alteration to their shape kills them.
2. The ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) in TOMI’s AIHP makes contact with the cell wall.
3. An oxidative burst occurs and results in the disruption of the double bonds that are found in proteins, fats and lipids making up these cells.
4. This oxidative burst creates tiny holes in the cell wall and leads to complete destruction.
5. Physical damage occurs
6. This process renders the bacterial cell dead
- H202 converted by plasma science
- Application is not a vapor
- Application works like a gas
- Not affected by corners, shadows and/or line of sight
- Use on hard to reach areas and behind objects
- Fully validated to comply with GMP Standards
- Economical, non-corrosive and easy to apply
- No wipe & no rinse
- Leaves no residues
- Sole active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide (a low 7.8%)
- Touchless disinfecting solution
- Leaves environment with only oxygen and water (humidity)
- A preventative proactive action reduces exposure to bacteria*+ on treated surface
Mobile for rapid deployment throughout a facility
- EPA Reg. No. 90150-2 – EPA Est. No. 720-38-DE-001
- * SteraMistTM is EPA approved for the eradication: Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus) (Staph) (ATCC# 6538), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas) (ATCC# 15442) and Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) (ATCC# 33592)
- ┼ SteraMistTM Environment System: Clostridium difficile spores (C. diff) (ATCC# 43598), Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcus) (Staph) (ATCC# 6538), and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas) (ATCC# 15442)
- **Influenza A (H1N1) Virus See EPA Reg. No 90150-2 for more claims